Thursday 16 August 2012

What it would have been like...


Up until I wrote this blog and started studying about media in English I had not really thought of how music has changed. So I will be going to imagine what it would have been like to listen to music before the invention of computers, radios, television, anything that can play music with the use of technology.
In the early 1750’s, where the only way I could listen to music was to go out on the streets and go see a performing act or bards on the street who would play music for a living. I can imagine many people crowding around this one person who would hold a violin and play a song that had everyone smiling and clapping their hands to the beat. If I wanted to share this to my friends and family I could not just download the song and show them, I would have to tell them to come along later and hope that the performer was still playing or wait for travelling performers to come to town and play us some tunes.
If there were computers available then it would have been so  much more easier to  share music with other people but thinking about having a great time with friends and family, I might have preferred to just go outside and listen to someone perform for us.
Although I can imagine listening to music but not being able to share it with ease like now, I feel that live performances are better, which is true. It is the reason that people go to concerts for their favourite band. It’s not to always see their favourite artists up close but to also experience the music live, with more feeling and having that atmosphere that can only come with live concerts.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Tim, I like your blog alot. The design. The pictures you have used are very good. This post is also interesting, I also find it hard to imgaine what it would be like to have o go and see someone all the time to hear any music.

    ReplyDelete