Thursday 16 August 2012

Review


For the browse and find a blog on the internet that interests you, I have done it on a blog about poverty. I have done it on poverty because I believe that poverty  is a big issue and that it needs to be addressed. In the review I will be stating on why I liked the blog post, whether it was structured clearly and if the blog had features that appealed to me.
The main reason that I liked this blog is that it addressed the point that poverty needed to be taken more seriously. It hit hard when the blog was stating that all human beings deserve a right to be enjoying asylum from other countries and Australia is just turning them away without a care in the world. The first to sentences are also confronting as stated: Another World Refugee Day has come and gone, so are things really changing here in Australia? The 2012 Theme for World Refugee Day was Refugees have no choice. You do.’ This quote is very sad as it points out that we have the power to save these asylum seekers but instead we are turning them away.
The second point is about how well the blog was structured and if the features of the blog had appealed to me in any way. The blog was structured to some degree as it was all in its own column with advertisements on the side and links to other sites and blogs on similar topics. I especially liked that there was a very nice picture of a tree with text saying ‘make a wish to end poverty. What I didn’t like was that the background of the blog was very plain, although it may have been better to leave it like that instead of having a picture that would distract me, but that is my opinion.
Overall this was a very good blog about poverty, stating the on how we as a country have the power to help people.The structure was organised and the features were attractive. I also realized that with blogs you can spread news about topics just like this to tell people on how we can change the world.
Link: http://www.makepovertyhistory.com.au/2012/06/27/world-refugee-day-2012/

No comments:

Post a Comment