Thursday 16 August 2012

My experience with Music


In my previous blog I stated that Music had a big impact on my life. In this post I will be going to go more in depth about what impact music has had on my life and how it has affected me ever since.

My first real experience with music, when I had an actual band that I really liked, was when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I had been visiting my friends in Sydney and he was showing me some music from Linkin Park. I absolutely loved rock music and since then and to this day I really like rock music.

About two years after that my school friends had introduced me to a band called Pendulum. Pendulum was a band that made sort of eccentric, drum and bass type of music but was very popular in England. I loved it instantly. During that time it was all I listened to and I pretty much refused to listen to anything else. My favourite songs that they had made were called Propane Nightmares and The Island (Part 1). These songs were my favourite because they had a very catchy tune that is really awesome.

Nowadays, I realized how stupid it is to only listen to one genre of music. I now listen to some of the mainstream music and also some underground artists on YouTube and other music websites. My favourite type of music now is probably electro/drum and bass style of music.

 I have also started to listen to foreign music, such as Japanese Rock and Korean pop, which are awesome. Listening to music in another language is sometimes very confusing but through music, you don’t really need to understand the words to find the meaning behind them. Music has had a big impact on my life as it helped me to realize that by keeping an open mind on things, you are able to experience the best.
                                                         Propane Nightmares

No comments:

Post a Comment